Requests for distribution of non-school sponsored literature
49 Charles Avenue, Middlebury, VT 05753 P. 802-382-1274 F. 802-388-0024
Business Office: 802-382-1273 Student Services : 802-382-1287
ACSD Distribution Procedure
Requests for distribution of non-school sponsored literature will be reviewed twice per month and must be received by the 15th or the 30th of the month to ensure timely distribution. All requests must meet the criteria outlined in ACSD Policy E21 to be considered. Distribution will be made by our schools twice per month as detailed below.
Town events and school specific events can be directed to the local school administration for review/approval/distribution. Any requests to distribute non-school sponsored literature to two or more schools must be submitted as instructed below.
In order for a request to be processed, an electronic application must be submitted. The link to the electronic form can be found at www.acsdvt.org under the Board and Community tab. An application must be completed in its entirety, or will be denied. An application must be completed for each new request, regardless of an organization’s prior approval status.
All requests must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- The sponsoring organization is not for profit
- Meets the requirements as stated in the ACSD Policy E21 - This policy prohibits the distribution of literature that:
- a) Is libelous, defamatory, obscene, lewd, vulgar, or profane;
- b) Violates federal, state or local laws;
- c) Advocates the use or availability of any substance or material that may reasonably be believed to constitute a direct and substantial danger to the health or welfare of students, such as tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs;
- d) Incites violence;
- e) Interferes with or advocates interference with the rights of any individual or the orderly operation of the schools and their programs;
- f) Is primarily of a commercial nature, including but not limited to all material that primarily seeks to advertise for sale products or services;
- g) Whose primary purpose is fund-raising; or
- h) Advocates for a specific political and/or religious viewpoint.
Information to be distributed includes the following: Title of Event, Sponsoring Organization, when/where/time/contact details (phone number and/or website link), age group, cost, brief description of event (65 words or less), and a statement of the educational value of the event to students. A .pdf flyer may also be submitted and can be shared as an electronic file.
When your request is approved:
Our office will provide a list of upcoming opportunities for students and ask schools to share this information through written and/or electronic communications to families. Individual printed flyers will not be distributed.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.