The School Board of the Addison Central School District, Middlebury, Vermont, is seeking a
highly qualified, fully certified, educational leader to serve as Superintendent. The Board
wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position, July 1, 2024.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development, has been engaged as
the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the School Board in
identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 35 miles south of Burlington
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in
educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most
important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
The Addison Central School District Board of Education is seeking a Vermont licensed
- has a proven record of success in leadership positions as evidenced by positive recommendations from former staff and work supervisors.
- is a data-driven decision-maker who prioritizes equity and understands the diverse needs of students, families, and staff.
- is collaborative and skillful at bringing people with different opinions together to build on common ground to reach consensus, a uniter.
- is dedicated to improving student outcomes for all, with a strong knowledge of special education, understanding of rural communities and socioeconomic diversity/disparity.
- is able to delegate and demonstrate accountability across their team, can assess the effectiveness of staff, and ensures staff have the necessary resources to be successful.
- is systems oriented around student outcomes and decision-making, monitors and adjusts actions as needed, and anticipates unintended consequences of actions.
- Closing date for applications: September 28, 2023 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- School Board selects finalists to interview: October 18, 2023
- Interviews with the School Board: November 13 – 15, 2023
- School Board announces new Superintendent: Early December 2023
- ACSD Superintendent Begins: July 1, 2024
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor Street, Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
School Website: http://acsdvt.org
Consultant: Dr. Judy Sclair-Stein firstname.lastname@example.org
The Addison Central School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability and, when
needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a
reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson &
Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.