Across the state of Vermont, local curricula are developed by teachers based on state-adopted standards. These include the
- Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and math
- Next Generation Science Standards in science
- College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Standards in Social Studies
- National Core Arts Standards (NCAS) in the visual and performing arts
- SHAPE America Standards in PE
- National Health Education Standards in health
- ACTFL Standards for world languages
- WIDA Standards for English as a second language
- Vermont Early Learning Standards
In ACSD, we build our curriculum collaboratively using these standards within the International Baccalaureate (IB) teaching and learning framework. You can learn more about the IB approach to curriculum through these links: Primary Years Program (PreK-Grade 5), Middle Years Program (Grades 6-10), Diploma Program (Grades 11-12) and through the International Baccalaureate tab above.
For information on ACSD's performance as reported by the State of Vermont's Agency of Education, see the Annual Snapshot.
To learn more about courses offered at Middlebury Union High School, check out the course catalog posted on the MUHS school counseling pages.