Dear ACSD Community,
As we begin the process to select our next superintendent, we want to share details and opportunities for your to engage with us. The ACSD Board has hired McPherson & Jacobson, LLC to assist us. Below you will find an overview of the hiring process, a timeline, and ways to share your feedback. You will note three primary ways to engage: a written survey, virtual, and in person feedback meetings. The survey and feedback forums will help the ACSD Board shape the superintendent job description and will inform us of your priorities and hopes in the hiring process.
Please note the first virtual feedback forms begin next Wednesday February 15th. All dates, times and virtual links can be found below.
Throughout the process, we will keep this webpage updated and will include updates in your principals' weekly updates. If you have any questions, please reach out to Mary Heather Noble, ACSD Board member and Communications Committee chair: email@example.com or 802-382-1700.
ACSD Board Chairperson
We expect the Superintendent search to begin in February 2023 and conclude in early May 2023. Here is a brief overview:
- ACSD students, staff, parents and community share feedback through forums moderated by McPherson & Jacobson, LLC and an online survey. These feedback channels help the board understand the community's needs and hopes for the new superintendent.
- Community feedback helps the Board craft the superintendent job posting.
- The ACSD Superintendent position is posted to several nation-wide education advertising venues
- McPherson & Jacobson, LLC screens applications for basic qualifications and initial reference checks. Works with Board to finalize position details and interview process
- Board invites key stakeholders to participate in the interview process
- Board selects viable candidates for interviews (mid-April) and school tours with Board and key stakeholders
- Board identifies top 1-2 candidates. McPherson & Jacobson, LLC consultant conducts extensive background/reference checks
Early May 2023
- Board selects a new superintendent to start on or around July 1, 2023
Your feedback will help shape the job description that the School Board creates and will inform the hiring process. We will offer several ways for community members to engage (written, virtual, and in person). Each point of engagement will ask 4 primary questions:
- What makes our community a good place to live?
- What makes this a good school district for students and staff?
- What are the issues that a new superintendent needs to know about when he or she comes into the district?
- What skills, qualities, and characteristics will the new superintendent need in order to be successful?
Every community member may fill out the survey anytime until February 27th. Here are direct links to the surveys in our community languages:
In addition to the written survey, we will offer virtual and in-person ways for our community to engage. You will note that most of the focus groups are organized by role or relationship to the district (eg: Staff, Parents/Caregivers/Community) because this can help to focus the discussions. However, you are welcome to attend any date/time that works best for you and the February 20th forum is specifically designed to be open to anyone.
We worked to have a variety of times, locations, virtual and in person options. If you cannot attend any, we invite you to reach out to Mary Heather (contact info above) or share your thoughts in the survey (links above).
ACSD Teachers and Staff
ACSD Parents, Caregivers, Community members
Open forum (parents, community, staff & students are all welcome)
Addison Central School District
49 Charles Ave
Middlebury VT 05753